OCT 7, 2021: New Zealand’s largest healthcare appliance maker Fisher & Paykel has launched a full face mask to cure patients suffering from sleep apnea.
“Evora Full is a minimal-contact mask designed to allow patients to move and sleep freely without compromising performance,” said Andrew Somervell, VP Products and Technology for Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. “It offers patients full performance in a compact size.”
The mask has a floating seal and stability wings that work together to create the next generation of Dynamic Support Technology™. The compact seal floats under the nose to provide patients with a clear line of sight, while stability wings keep the seal stable.
The Evora Full mask is supported by positive clinical trial results:
- 91% of trial participants rating Evora Full as ‘stable’ or ‘very stable’1;
- 93% found the mask to be ‘comfortable’ or ‘very comfortable’2; and
- 96% were able to sleep in their preferred sleeping position3.
F&P Evora Full will initially be available in Australia and New Zealand and will be launched in other countries upon receiving clearances.
The mask comes with three seal sizes (Extra Small, Small to Medium, and Large) and two headgear sizes (Standard and Extra Large).
1. 40 out of 44 participants rated the Evora Full mask’s stability as either “very stable” or “stable.” Internal validation trial conducted by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare on 44 participants in New Zealand. 2020.
2. 41 out of 44 participants rated the overall comfort of the Evora Full mask as “comfortable” or “very comfortable”. Internal validation trial conducted by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare on 44 participants in New Zealand. 2020.
3. 42 out of 44 participants were able to sleep in their preferred sleeping position while using the Evora Full mask. Internal validation trial conducted by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare on 44 participants in New Zealand. 2020.
Fisher & Paykel Fisher Healthcare is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of products and systems for use in acute and chronic respiratory care, surgery and the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.