Where to find happiness is the basic question humans ask themselves. It is the age old question since human existence.
Most people don’t know the answer to the question is inside them. You can find happiness in things you love, people you love and in creating something with a passion.
What makes life worth living is when you do things that make you happy. You’re all given free will, you can chose to create happiness for yourself. If you have that, you have it all.
Here are top 10 ways to find happiness within you:
1. Love. If you love something, nothing will stop you from doing it. Love is all you need and it will transform your life.
2. Surround yourself with loved ones. The best way to spread your happiness is to do things that you love with loved ones. This way you’ll make your family and friends happy and you’ll make you happy too.
3. Space. You should set time each day for yourself. Most people dont know how to do this, they just see their busy lives and think they dont have time. By setting a time for yourself to be alone, you’ll be motivated to find ways to be happy.
4. Meditation. Meditation is a way to relieve stress and calm your mind. It can also help you to develop the ability to listen to your intuition. Practising meditation can increase self-esteem and even help you to feel more positive about your life.
5. Laughing. Laughter is one of the best feelings you can get. Laughter relieves stress, tension and anxiety. It’s a great way to release negativity and not take life too seriously.
6. A good walk. If you love nature and feel it is healthy for you, getting out in the fresh air is essential. Look out for things that make you happy, or the view from a high point on a hill.
7. Learning. You have a lot of energy inside, you just need to tap into it. Learn something new about yourself, a new skill or a topic that you are passionate about.
8. Thinking of happy times in your life. Remembering the happy moments can help you to calm your mind and increase your confidence.
9. Inspiring quotes. Another great way to increase your self-esteem and happiness is to find inspirational quotes that help to encourage you to think positive.
10. A hobby. Find something you are passionate about and go for it. If you love a particular hobby or craft, set time aside each day to do it. This will be a great way to relieve stress and improve your self-esteem.
If you find all these tips helpful, you should know that your life is on a continuous path to happiness. Take on the challenges and you will be pleasantly surprised what you can create – Inside You.
Once you find the answer inside, there will be a newer outside ‘You’.
(This article is part of a 101 most asked Questions series in mental health, wellbeing and awareness.)