NAME OF STARTUP: Rapidr
THE IDEA: What is the problem being solved by your startup / business?:
Customer feedback is a vital part of building a great product. It provides insight into what your customers value, in turn keeping your roadmap lean and impactful. While our products have evolved, the way we handle feedback hasn’t.
Right feedback can work wonders for your product and business. But, at many companies, feedback management is a broken process. The existing tools are great, but a big let down.
They are the jack of all trades and the master of none. It’s clear we need a better tool. With Rapidr, we’re building just that.
Say goodbye to one-off spreadsheets, messy Trello boards, chaotic Slack channels, or god-forbid emails. Rapidr helps you capture & manage feedback and plan product roadmaps in a centralized place.
THE FOUNDER’S STORY: When and how did you come up with the idea for the business?:
Before this, I worked in the tech industry as a Software Engineer for multiple startups, all plagued with a common disease of feature and product prioritisation.
Many, if not all, product managers didn’t know what the most requested feature was;instead, they built either from their gut or whatever the sales or other customer-facing teams told them.
After months, we spent months building the wrong features only to figure out the company who requested it churned, and nobody else found that feature helpful. It was clear;there has to be a way to demystify which is the most requested feature — or even better, the most requested feedback the product team needs to prioritize. Hence, the idea of Rapidr was born.
WHO IS THE CUSTOMER: What is the typical profile of your target customer? Where would they be located?:
Rapidr is for product teams who want to understand their customers on a deeper level, know how they use their product, and identify their pain points and the key-impact features to build that moves the needle.
If you’re tired of maintaining spreadsheets, sending out lengthy surveys, and collecting feedback over email, then Rapidr is for you.
LESSONS TO SHARE: What 3 key lessons from your startup journey you’d like to share with aspiring entrepreneurs?:
Hardest lessons we have learned with Rapidr:
1. Release Early: Get a version out fast, then improve it based on users’ feedback. Ship the minimum viable product.
2. Keep Pumping Out Features: Make your product better every day in some small possible way. Your customers will love you if you are constantly improving. Even better if you improve in response to their feedback.
3. Make Users Happy: Explain concisely what your product does and give visitors everything you’ve got right away. Whatever impressive you have, please put it on the landing page because that’s what most visitors will see.
4. There Is Always Room: Be it with marketing, product growth, or finding new customers, there are always opportunities around. You just have to get out there and find them.
5. Keep Your Nose to the Grindstone: Practice determination. There are times you’ll feel worn out and turned down, be the right kind of determined then. Take a break and continue.
6. Fear the Right Things: Fear giving up early, not shipping fast enough, not learning new things, not enjoying what you do instead of competitors or any other factor.
7. Focus on Speed, not Money: Startups are known for their speed. Listen to your customers, iterate, and work faster. Money will follow.
HQ City: Delware
Website URL: https://rapidr.io
Number of Employees: 1-5
Company’s LinkedIN URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rapidr