NAME OF STARTUP: Skillarthi
THE IDEA: What is the problem being solved by your startup / business?:
Traditionally, Indian Teenagers have been following a standard pattern to grow primarily based on rote learning.
Career and life decisions are based on circumstances and not on conscious choices. The organic changes in the system has helped them to some extent but the real need is to overhaul the system and re-imagine this cohort from a fresh perspective.
THE FOUNDER’S STORY: When and how did you come up with the idea for the business?:
There is a lack of Real Impactful Trusted Experiential (RITE) platform through which teenagers can “THINK, EXPLORE and EXPRESS’ themselves.
A platform that:
• goes beyond learning and adopt an experiential approach for holistic development
• becomes a part of their journey with continuous engagement
• adds to the global perspective and create a trustworthy well-knit highly engaged community
• propagate the thought of gap/drop year in India for development of students
• enables them to make conscious life decisions based on their passion and purpose in life
WHO IS THE CUSTOMER: What is the typical profile of your target customer? Where would they be located?:
Teenager, India during the first phase. The company plans to expand globally in future.
LESSONS TO SHARE: What 3 key lessons from your startup journey you’d like to share with aspiring entrepreneurs?:
1) Don’t focus on what you are giving to the customers but what will the customers get from your startup
2) Be ready to adapt and change
3) Learn from failures and move on by improvising
HQ City: Noida, India
Website URL: https://skillarthi.com
Number of Employees: 5-25
Company’s LinkedIN URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/skillarthi