NAME OF STARTUP: Apimio
FOUNDED IN (Year): 2018
FOUNDER’S NAME: Kashif Hassan
THE IDEA: What is the problem being solved by your startup / business?:
APIMIO is a Product Information Management (PIM) tool that enables manufacturers to streamline product data feeds for their retailers.
Forget about maintaining spreadsheets, PDFs, or Word files, with APIMIO you can collect and upload the information in a centralized repository and have it synchronized across your retail partners at the click of a button.
APIMIO helps manufacturers streamline the product information management processes by enabling them to:
* Collect and Organize Data
* Validate Data Quality and Consistency
* Distribute Data to their Retailers
* Syndicate data across third-party marketplaces and platforms.
THE FOUNDER’S STORY: When and how did you come up with the idea for the business?:
I came up with the idea when one of my friends who owns a big retailer store, got a lot of his products cancelled due to the negligence of proper product data, and then it happened with a dozen more people. I decided then and there i would solve this issue.
WHO IS THE CUSTOMER: What is the typical profile of your target customer? Where would they be located?:
Ecommerce Managers, who actually have to spend countless hours, fixing spreadsheets whilst now they can do it in hours which used to be solved in months.
LESSONS TO SHARE: What 3 key lessons from your startup journey you’d like to share with aspiring entrepreneurs?:
1. Startup takes traction slowly, wait for that right moment.
2. A good team is only good for your startup if the goal aligns amongst all of them.
3. You need a lot of knowledge to compete with industry experts.
HQ City: Vaughan, Canada
Website URL: https://apimio.com
Number of Employees: 25-50